Sponsor

Jun 18, 2013

The Ultimate Fighter : Velasquez vs Werdum.





The UFC Heavy Weight contender Fabricio Werdum, has recently finished his work as a trainer in the second season of the ultimate fighter Brazil against Antonio Rodrigo “Minotauro” Nogueira; And he is already offering to do it again in Mexico against the UFC HW champion Cain Velasquez.

The brazilian would be perfect for the job.

“I’m talking about making an ultimate fighter in Mexico, for those who don’t know I’m a “UFC en Español” commentator, I can speak Spanish because I lived for many years in Spain”, Werdum said. So I give the idea to the UFC of making TUF against Velasquez in Mexico.
But there is an important setback in my fighting with Velasquez, I don’t know if he will beat Junior. It’s going to be a great fight, said.

Velasquez and Dos Santos will fight for the third time at the end of this year.

They fought in November 12 of 2011 on the UFC debut on Fox, when Junior Dos Santos knocked Cain Velasquez out, in a little more than a minute of the first round.

Later at UFC 155, in a rematch, Velasquez took his revenge by dominating Dos Santos for five rounds.

The next step in Werdum’s professional career depends in the result of the trilogy.

I’ll be there watching the fight. I have to wait for both to fight, said the 35 year old fighter.

Werdum haven’t fought in almost a year, before his fight against Nogueira on UFC on Fuel TV 10 the past June 8. He doesn’t want to stay inactive again for a long period of time, but he will, if he fights for the belt at the end.

I have been away for a year making the ultimate fighter in Brazil and that is the reason I don’t want that to happen again, but if the UFC tells me to hold on to make the ultimate fighter and then fight for the title, I would definitely wait. And I will be working hard for it, he said.

Werdum’s reasons are not just entirely about fighting for the title, he also thinks there are not enough MMA in Latin America.

“I think it’s a great idea to be capable of showing a little bit of our sport in Latin America because of the lack of this sport”, the HW contender told us.
“And it’ll be something good to have the audience, because it’s easy if they like it. We need to go after the people who don’t know our sport”.

No comments:

Post a Comment